No matter where you are in Montgomery County, you are part of a watershed. A watershed is an area of land that drains to a creek, stream, river and eventually, the ocean. Trash and litter found in Montgomery Parks unfortunately finds its way to the Potomac, Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean if not removed. Cleanup volunteers like you will help protect to our local environment, wildlife, watersheds, and the oceans from litter pollution!
Find your watershed!
How to Volunteer:
- Register your group for a cleanup day
- Become a Cleanup Leader at your favorite park/watershed (18 y.o.+)
- Join a cleanup hosted by Montgomery Parks or one our partners
- Anacostia Watershed Society
- Eyes of Paint Branch (not sure if they are still around)
- Friends of Cabin John’s Watershed
- Friends of Sligo Creek
- Little Falls Watershed Alliance
- Muddy Branch Watershed Alliance
- Neighbors of Northwest Branch
- One Montgomery Green
- Rock Creek Conservancy
- City of Rockville
- Takoma Park
Thank you to our Winter Cleanup volunteers and organizations!
Parkside GREEN, CITO-Gaithersburg, Leo Club, ….
Other ways to give back:
- Report dirty parks to our office! (link to park names, park’s atlas)
- Plogging – collect trash while walking through your local park or neighborhood
- Donate (link to park foundation?)