Under the direction of Michael F. Riley, Director of Parks, M-NCPPC Montgomery Parks remains dedicated to sharing the best park experience possible. We recognize the importance of providing residents safe and accessible places to gather, enjoy the outdoors, and participate in healthy, recreational activities.
Our park system includes:
- 424 parks across 37,072 acres
- 4 lakes
- 490 miles of streams
- 303 outdoor tennis courts
- 363 athletic fields
- 276 playgrounds
- 229 basketball courts
- 269.6 miles of paved and natural surface trails
- 134 picnic areas
- 111 historic structures
- 102 campsites
- 28 park activity buildings
Also available: nature centers, miniature trains, indoor tennis facilities, boat rental facilities, indoor ice rinks, event centers, public gardens, and more.
An enjoyable, accessible, safe, and green park system that promotes community through shared spaces and treasured experiences.
Protect and interpret our valuable natural and cultural resources; balance demand for recreation with the need for conservation; offer various enjoyable recreational activities that encourage healthy lifestyles; and provide clean, safe, and accessible places.
- Stewardship: Manage the county park system to meet needs of current and future generations.
- Recreation: Offer leisure activities that strengthen the body, sharpen the mind, and renew the spirit.
- Excellence: Deliver high quality products, services, and experiences.
- Integrity: Operate with a honest and balanced perspective.
- Service: Be courteous, helpful, and accessible internally and externally.
- Education: Promote learning opportunities.
- Collaboration: Work with residents, communities, public and private organizations, and policymakers.
- Diversity: Support and embrace cultural differences and offer suitable programs, activities, and services.
- Dedication: Commit to getting the job done the right way, no matter what it takes.
In compliance with the intent and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Montgomery Parks, M-NCPPC, commits reasonable efforts to ensure accessible facilities, programs, and services to be used by all people including those with disabilities.