Wheaton Ice Arena is open with the following precautions and guidelines:
Currently offering limited opportunities for Group Lessons, Freestyle and Individual Training. Please see the Schedules and Fees Page for More Information.
Patrons will not be allowed to congregate in any area of the facility and skaters will need to leave the facility immediately after exiting the ice.
- Any person that enter into the Wheaton Ice Arena will be required to wear a face covering at all times, including while actively skating on the ice. Face coverings must remain in place, including while on the ice, and cover both the nose and mouth to be considered effective.
- Effective Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5:00pm, a zero- spectator limit on all sporting events and sessions (hockey, figure skating, synchronized skating, speed skating) will be enforced in an effort to keep our patrons and staff safe. One parent/guardian will be permitted in the facility to accompany their child who is in a group lesson.
- Congregating in the lobby or any other common area of the facility is strictly prohibited.
- Skaters may enter the facility 10 minutes prior to the start of the session they have registered for. Skaters must arrive to the facility dressed to skate (including all hockey gear). Limited spaces will be provided for those who need to put skates on inside the rink.
- Skaters will need to leave the facility within 5 minutes of the end of their skating time.
- Locker rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- All skates and coaches for any program or session will need to check in at the front desk.
- Skaters need to continue to practice physical distancing on and off the ice.
- Designated doors used to enter and exit the ice will be propped open to limit the need to touch door handles.
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces per CDC guidelines such as tables, countertops, door handles, railings, computer screens, keyboards, credit card machines, water fountains (only bottle filling stations), and restrooms. (Contractor scheduled 5-6 days per week and also have custodial staff scheduled).
To our valued Ice Renters,
Due to the latest restrictions in the most recent Montgomery County Executive Order, Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena can no longer allow hockey practices or games until further notice. As updates become available from the Montgomery County Health Department, we will be sharing it with our hockey community through our website and contacting organizations directly. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to getting you back on the ice.
Wheaton Ice Arena & Cabin John Ice Rink Management
If in the Rockville/Bethesda area don’t miss out on visiting Montgomery Parks’ other ice rink, Cabin John Ice Rink.
Montgomery Parks, part of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Program Access Office at 301-495-2477 (Voice), MD Relay 7-1-1 or 800-552-7724 or ProgramAccess@MontgomeryParks.org to request a disability modification. Visit www.MontgomeryParks.org/access for more information.
Join the team at Wheaton Ice Arena! We’re hiring for the following positions:
- Cashier/Front Desk
- Manager on Duty
- Pro Shop/Customer Service
- Skate Guard
- Snack Bar
- Zamboni Operator
Visit the M-NCPPC job site look for positions listed under “Montgomery County Enterprise Division-2019-Seasonal/Year Round”