Rockwood Manor Events & Retreats
Weddings ● Mitzvahs ● Celebrations
Holiday Parties ● Business Rentals
For 40 years, Rockwood Manor was the National Girl Scout Camp, and over the last 30 years the property has transformed into a unique retreat destination with charming camp lodging and converted cabins that accommodate up to 85 guests overnight.
Although just six minutes from the Capital Beltway, Rockwood Manor is far removed from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Once you have arrived, the champion trees will embrace you and in no time at all, you are relaxing in a rocking chair on the Veranda or sipping a warm mug of hot chocolate by the fire pit.
Rockwood Manor is owned by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC). It is one of three Montgomery Parks Event Centers.
Updated as of May 28, 2021:
- Effective May 28, 2021, at 6 a.m., the Board of Health Regulation is no longer in effect at Montgomery County Parks and facilities.
- Face Coverings in OUTDOOR and INDOOR spaces are no longer required regardless of vaccination status – exceptions apply*
- Unvaccinated Individuals are still encouraged to wear face coverings.
- All individuals may continue to wear face coverings without interference.
*Exceptions include public transportation, in schools, childcare, and health care settings. Per the Maryland Department of Public Health, face coverings are required indoors at Youth Camps and Summer programs and are recommended when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Tours are held by appointment only.
- No persons under 18 will be allowed to join a tour without written consent from their parent or guardian.
Rockwood Manor – Overnight Rooms
- Contactless check-in via access to lock boxes for all reservations (Retreats & Regular Overnights). Lockbox codes can be sent to guests via email or text.
- Overnight rooms will be cleaned after each guest stay by Rockwood maintenance staff or vendor.
- Room rentals in Skyview Lodge will be limited to individuals/families due to communal use areas.
- To ensure ongoing health & safety practices, every event must submit a copy of their guest list with contact information, as well as a list of the vendors and their on-site team members for contract tracing purposes.