Little Bennett Campground is Montgomery County’s only campground. For County residents, it offers the perfect getaway close to home. For RV travelers from near and far, it offers Full Hook-Up and Pull-Thru sites that are beautiful and wooded. Whether you’re a first-time camper or a veteran camper, Little Bennett Campground will provide you with immaculate facilities in the heart of the woods.
Enjoy miles of hiking, biking and trails throughout 3,700 acres of forests and meadows. With more than 25 miles of trails to explore, 91 wooded campsites from which to choose, 3 yurts, and a variety of weekend activities available in season for all age groups and interests, Little Bennett Campground is a perfect weekend getaway or vacation spot.
Each of Little Bennett’s 91 campsites offers a tranquil setting with ample opportunities to enjoy the scenic splendor of the park. Campsite amenities include a two-vehicle gravel parking area, picnic table, campfire ring, and lantern post. Each of the 66 tent sites have a tent pad. Twenty-five site are available with Full Hook-ups (Water/Electric/Sewer).
Bathhouses with sinks, showers, toilet facilities and drinking fountains are located within walking distance of each site. Water spigots are randomly located throughout each camping loop. The dump station is situated adjacent to the Campground Entrance Gate.
Campers can enjoy a maximum stay of 14 days. A minimum of two-nights are required for all reservations.
Check-In Time: 1:00 p.m.
Check-Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
Closed for full-time camping during March and November. Camping is available on weekends only – Friday and Saturday nights. During the “Off-Season” amenities are not available including the Pedal Karts and the Jumping Pillow. Bathhouses are closed and Camper Ready Rentals are no longer available. Portable toilets are available throughout the campground and the water spigots randomly located on each loop continue to be accessible. A minimum of two-nights are required for all reservations.
Reservations may be made online 365 days in advance. The quickest way to make a reservation and guarantee your campsite is to book online through ActiveMontgomery.org. Click on “Facilities”. Then click on “Reserve Facilities Using Maps”. From there, you can choose “Little Bennett Campground” and pick your site!
Advanced reservations are recommended to guarantee availability but you can also visit us in person to make a reservation. Checks made payable to ActiveMONTGOMERY will be accepted for reservations made onsite at the Campground (in addition to cash and credit cards), if sites are available. We do not hold campsites without full payment.
If you have any questions, please email us at LittleBennettCampground@MontgomeryParks.org or call us during our office hours at 301-528-3430.
*Changing the dates of a reservation is considered a cancellation and will follow the same refund policy
*Refunds will not be given due to unfavorable weather
Campsites & Yurts
Example: if your reservation begins on a Friday, you have until Tuesday of that week to receive at least a partial refund.
1. Check-In – 1pm, Check-Out – 11am
2. Quiet Hours – 11pm-7am
3. Two-night minimum required.
4. Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to arrival will receive a full refund
5. Cancellations made at least 3 days prior to arrival but less than 14 days will receive a full refund less a $25
cancellation fee ($25 fee applies if you choose to change dates during this time)
6. Cancellations made less than 3 days from the arrival date will not receive a refund
Example: if your reservation begins on a Friday, you have until Tuesday of that week to receive at least a partial
7. Beer and wine are permitted at campsites only and must be concealed. No alcohol is permitted in common areas of the
campground. No liquor is permitted on campground property.
8. The campground is not a day use area. Only permitted campers or registered visitors are allowed.
9. No more than 2 tents or 1 RV and 1 tent per site.
10. Vehicles must be parked on the parking pad at the site. No parking off the gravel or on the road.
11. No more than 6 individuals may occupy one campsite.
12. Campground visitors must register and pay at the Campground Booth or Camp Store to obtain vehicle tag and
amenity wristbands. Only registered campers or registered visitors may use the campground facilities or amenities.
13. Children under age 13 must be under adult supervision.
14. Picnic tables are not to be moved.
15. Pets are permitted if kept on a leash. Pets may not be left unattended and waste must be cleaned up. No pets are
allowed in Yurts.
16. Dishes should be washed at your site in a bucket or in your camper – NOT at the water spigots OR in the bathhouses.
17. Fires are permitted in the fire ring or grill only. Fires must not be left unattended.
18. Due to the spread of tree-harming invasive species, firewood may not be brought into the campground. Firewood may
be purchased at the Camp Store.
19. Cutting any standing tree is considered destruction of property and subject to criminal penalty.
20. The use of chain saws for any reason is prohibited.
21. Permits may be revoked without refund for failure to follow these rules and regulations.
Rental Pavilion & Rental Group Fire Ring Rules
1. Maximum capacity for Pavilion and Group Fire Ring – 40 people.
2. Setup and cleanup must take place during the reserved time.
3. Permit holder is responsible for maintaining orderly conduct among all guests.
4. Alcohol is NOT permitted at the Pavilion or Group Fire Ring – only at campsites.
5. Permit holder is responsible for removing all signs, decorations and trash before the rental period ends. If the Pavilion
or Group Fire Ring area need excessive cleanup, a $50 charge will be added to the permit.
6. Loud, offensive, or excessive noise which disturbs other park patrons is not permitted.
7. Vehicles must be parked in the nearest parking lot to the Pavilion and Group Fire Ring. Driving on the grass is
prohibited. No parking is permitted on the shoulder of the roads. If the parking lot if full, please park in the
Maintenance Yard parking lot (enter from Frederick Road) and walk over or coordinate to be picked up.