Cabin John Ice Rink, one of two indoor skating facilities in Montgomery Parks, offers a wide range of ice skating and ice hockey classes and camps for all ages and skill levels, as well as special events and skating exhibitions throughout the year. Open year-round, the facility features:
Cabin John Ice Rink is open with the following precautions and guidelines:
Please see the Schedules and Info Page for More Information.
- Any person that enters into the Cabin John Ice Rink will be required to wear a face covering at all times including while actively skating on the ice. Face coverings must remain in place, including while on the ice, and cover both the nose and mouth to be considered effective.
- Effective March 27, 2021 one parent/guardian will be permitted in the facility to accompany their child. Congregating in the lobby or any other common area of the facility is strictly prohibited.
- Skaters may enter the facility 10 minutes prior to the start of the session they are registered for. Skaters need to arrive dressed to skate (including all hockey gear). Skaters may put on skates rinkside for a session if necessary. No hockey bags are allowed in the building. Figure skaters may bring in one bag to be kept rinkside while training.
- All skaters and coaches for any program or session will need to check in at the ticket window in the front lobby.
- Skaters will need to leave the facility within 10 minutes of the end of their skating time.
- Locker rooms will remain closed until further notice. Lockers will not be available for use.
- Skaters need to continue to practice physical distancing on and off the ice.
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces per CDC guidelines such as tables, counter tops, door handles, railings, computer screens, keyboards, credit card machine, water fountain (only bottle filling station), and restrooms. (Contractor scheduled 5-6 days per week and also have custodial staff scheduled).
Patrons will not be allowed to congregate in any area of the facility and skaters will need to leave the facility immediately after exiting the ice.
Follow Cabin John Ice Rink on Facebook.
Check out our latest photos from Montgomery Parks’ Flickr Page
Montgomery Parks encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Program Access Office at 301-495-2477 (Voice), MD Relay 7-1-1 or 800-552-7724 or ProgramAccess@MontgomeryParks.org to request a disability modification. Visit Accessibility for more information.
Join the team at Cabin John Ice Rink! We’re hiring for the following positions:
- Cashier/Front Desk
- Manager on Duty
- Pro Shop/Customer Service
- Freestyle Monitor
- Skate Guard
- Snack Bar
- Zamboni Operator
Apply online by visiting the M-NCPPC job site look for positions listed under “Montgomery County Enterprise Division-2021-Seasonal”