Cabin John Ice Rink, one of two indoor skating facilities in Montgomery Parks, offers a wide range of ice skating and ice hockey classes and camps for all ages and skill levels, as well as special events and skating exhibitions throughout the year. Open year-round, the facility features:
Cabin John Ice Rink is open with the following precautions and guidelines:
Currently offering limited opportunities for training purposes only.
Please see the Schedules and Info Page for More Information.
- Any person that enters into the Cabin John Ice Rink will be required to wear a face covering at all times including while actively skating on the ice. Face coverings must remain in place, including while on the ice, and cover both the nose and mouth to be considered effective.
- Effective Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5:00pm a zero-spectator limit on all sporting events and sessions (figure skating, synchronized skating, speed skating) will be enforced in an effort to keep our patrons and staff safe. One parent/guardian will be permitted in the facility to accompany their child who is in a group lesson. Congregating in the lobby or any other common area of the facility is strictly prohibited.
- Skaters may enter the facility 10 minutes prior to the start of the session they are registered for. Skaters need to arrive dressed to skate (including all hockey gear). Skaters may put on skates rinkside for a session if necessary. No hockey bags are allowed in the building. Figure skaters may bring in one bag to be kept rinkside while training.
- Skaters will need to leave the facility within 5 minutes of the end of their skating time.
- Locker rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- All skaters and coaches for any program or session will need to check in at the ticket window in the front lobby.
- Skaters need to continue to practice physical distancing on and off the ice.
- Designated doors used to enter and exit ice rinks will be propped open to limit the need to touch door handles.
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces per CDC guidelines such as tables, counter tops, door handles, railings, computer screens, keyboards, credit card machine, water fountain (only bottle filling station), and restrooms. (Contractor scheduled 5-6 days per week and also have custodial staff scheduled).
Patrons will not be allowed to congregate in any area of the facility and skaters will need to leave the facility immediately after exiting the ice.
To our valued Ice Renters,
Due to the latest restrictions in the most recent Montgomery County Executive Order, Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena can no longer allow hockey practices or games until further notice. Effective immediately, scheduled ice slots will be cancelled up until Saturday, January 16, 2021. As updates become available from the Montgomery County Health Department, we will be
sharing it with our hockey community through our website and contacting organizations directly.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to getting you back on the ice.
Cabin John Ice Rink & Wheaton Ice Arena Management
Follow Cabin John Ice Rink on Facebook.
Check out our latest photos from Montgomery Parks’ Flickr Page
Montgomery Parks encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Program Access Office at 301-495-2477 (Voice), MD Relay 7-1-1 or 800-552-7724 or ProgramAccess@MontgomeryParks.org to request a disability modification. Visit Accessibility for more information.
Join the team at Cabin John Ice Rink! We’re hiring for the following positions:
- Cashier/Front Desk
- Manager on Duty
- Pro Shop/Customer Service
- Freestyle Monitor
- Skate Guard
- Snack Bar
- Zamboni Operator
Apply online by visiting the M-NCPPC job site look for positions listed under “Montgomery County Enterprise Division-2020-Seasonal/Year Round”