Black Hill Nature Programs and Visitor Center (BHNP) is a Maryland Green Center as certified by the Maryland Association of Environmental and Outdoor Educators.
As a Green Center, we provide support to schools in Montgomery and Frederick Counties as they work to become Maryland Green Schools. Black Hill Nature Programs provides curriculum-based field trips, sustainable practices guidance, Green School application support, professional development for educators and more!
Black Hill Visitor Center
Please note: Visitor Center building is currently closed due to COVID-19.
Black Hill Visitor Center is located in Boyds, Maryland, overlooking Little Seneca Lake in Black Hill Regional Park. The center is home to the Black Hill Nature Programs.
The Visitor Center hosts an information desk, restrooms, exhibits, children’s corner, auditorium, and naturalist staff offices.
Outside surrounding the center, are natural play spaces perfect for fun exploration, native plant gardens maintained by wonderful volunteers, a pond, meadow, and a one of a kind Earth Bench.
The Visitor Center is a perfect place to get more information about the park, attend a nature program, purchase boating permit, or take a break to enjoy a glorious sunset.
Black Hill Regional Park
Black Hill Regional Park is open for exercise and the enjoyment of fresh air, open, green space. The Black HIll Visitor Center facility is currently closed for your health and safety due to COVID-19.
Please practice Physical Distancing of 6 feet and refrain from gathering in groups for your safety and the safety of others.
Campfire Ring Rentals
• Campfire Ring Permits available 7 days a week, 3 hours/$100 permit fee.
• Firewood and fire starter materials are included. A staff person will be on hand to make sure you are able to get your fire started and to ensure that the fire is properly extinguished.
• You must have a permit to have a campfire at Black Hill Nature Programs.
• Staff member will be on hand during the rental time to assist with the fire as needed and to ensure it is being properly monitored and extinguished.
• You can also have a naturalist provide a campfire program for you and your group for an additional $60.