The following trail safety tips can help you have a safe, enjoyable experience on Montgomery Parks’ trails.
Your safety is our concern. Program the Park Police Emergency number 301-949-3010 into your cell phone before you leave. Enjoy your visit!
Trail Safety Tips
- Always let someone know where you are going or travel with a friend.
- Wear reflective material.
- Don’t leave valuable items in plain view inside of your car, carry only what you need.
- Trust your instincts. Don’t walk where you feel uncomfortable.
- Park in well-lit, heavily traveled areas if possible.
- Ride and walk on the right. Pass on the left.
- Use a bell or loud voice when announce passing.
- No more than two walkers or riders abreast on the trail.
- Riders yield to pedestrians.
- Earbuds in both ears are discouraged so you can hear any warnings.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Carry a fully-charged cellphone.
- Carry identification.
- Wear visible clothing.
- Ride with a light at dusk or dark.