With over 400 parks and more than 36,000 acres of parkland, Montgomery Parks offers some of the most popular destinations for fun and recreation within the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), Montgomery Parks’ “parent agency,” is the only agency in the country to have been awarded the National Gold Medal for Excellence in Parks six times. M-NCPPC is accredited by The Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). The Alliance for Workplace Excellence and others have awarded Montgomery Parks for its superb professional environment and benefits package. So what are you waiting for? Now YOU can be a part of this winning team!
What can you expect if you come to work with us?
- An exciting and fulfilling career. (The average tenure with our department is 20+ years.)
- A diverse, talented and enthusiastic group of coworkers employed in a wide range of functions from natural resources and park management to engineering and architecture – and everything in between.
- A compensation and benefits package featuring a defined retirement plan, generous annual, personal and sick leave, and medical and dental coverage.
Application Process Goes Green
Our application process has gone green! The entire recruitment system is now entirely online. Learn how to submit your application.
See all current M-NCPPC job openings here.
What kinds of jobs are available at Montgomery Parks?
- Seasonal and Intermittent positions
- Park Management (human resources, finance, public affairs, foundation)
- IT positions (networking, web design, help desk)
- Trades (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, automobile repair)
- Park Maintenance (landscaping, turf and field care, custodial, tree climbing)
- Park Police (civilian and uniformed personnel)
- General management (budget, human resources, procurement, administration)
- Park Planning and Development (project management, engineering, landscape architecture, inspection)
And that’s not all. Click here for current job openings and apply today!