Celebrate Pride Month with Montgomery Parks and the Moco Pride Center at the free Summer of Love PRIDE Walk at Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreational Park on Sunday, June 27, from 4:30 to 8:30 pm.
Bring your friends and family and take an evening walk on our Pride-themed trail that celebrates the LGBTQ+ community of Montgomery County! Hang out at the PRIDE picnic area, where you’ll find a DJ and lawn games!
Along the 0.8-mile fully paved trail, you’ll have multiple chances to take fun, Instagram-worthy photos with your loved ones at the colorful butterfly field, chalk art, and other areas.
Please bring your own picnic blanket or chairs to hang out in the PRIDE picnic area. DJ Confetti the First will be on-site to provide music, and you can grab food from the Pop Up Poutine & Patisserie food truck and the Kona Ice truck! Feel free to bring your own snacks or food for the PRIDE picnic area, as well as plenty of water to stay hydrated!
Registration is required for this event through Eventbrite. Please make sure you include the total number of guests in your party when registering and the contact email for at least one person.
There is plenty of parking onsite if you are driving to the park.
- Number 10 Bus (Platform F, Stop ID: 29190) from the Glenmont Metro Station will drop you off at the East Randolph Road and Billington Road stop, which is about a 15-minute walk to the park from the stop.
- C8 Bus EAST to College Park Station (Platform E, Stop ID: 2001100) stops at New Hampshire Ave and Jackson Road. After getting off the bus, it is about a 15-minute walk to the park from the stop.
Additional routes are available on the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) page.
- Registration is required in advance.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entirety of the event.
- Dogs are permitted as long as they are leashed, and owners are required to pick up after their dogs and dispose of any waste in trash cans on-site.
- Please arrive at the Check-In table during your designated start time for the Pride Walk on the trail. This allows us to avoid overcrowding the trail.
- Since this event takes place in the evening, please be sure to plan accordingly. You may want to bring bug spray and a flashlight for your group. The paved trail will be moderately lit with in-ground lights, but there will be no direct overhead lighting.