Montgomery Parks hosts Hope in Art! Share original works of art with a hopeful message.
Upload your original artwork, poetry or prose and we will post in our gallery for all to enjoy.
Montgomery Parks is hosting a community art initiative you can enjoy in the parks or at home! Hope in Art has been created f to give residents a way to share and communicate their creativity in a safe and fun way. Submit your original artwork, poetry, or prose using the form on this page, and we will post it in our online gallery for all to enjoy! Some lucky submissions will be printed onto signage with the artist’s name and artwork details to create an outdoor gallery experience for residents to enjoy in three parks. There will also be large outdoor chalkboards in each location for you to get creative while visiting the parks. Use the chalk provided below the boards and write positive and fun images and messages for your neighbors to enjoy.
Online submissions are being accepted on a rolling basis for the Virtual Gallery below. For the opportunity to be chosen for the outdoor gallery, make sure to submit your art by September 29, 2020. Guidelines for submissions are listed below along with participating park locations. We look forward to viewing your submissions and can’t wait to see you at the parks!
- Submissions should be positive, hopeful and should help strengthen and uplift our community.
- For inspiration, think about things that bring you joy.
- Artwork, poetry, or prose must be your original creation.
- Artwork should be appropriate for all audiences.
- Submissions may be in any language.
- While artist retains copyright of image, submission of artist’s original work (photography, drawing, painting, poetry) gives Montgomery Parks the right to use image in print and electronic publishing (social media and website) during this campaign, “Hope in Art.”
- You may upload a PDF, PNG, or JPG file no larger than 7mb. Please include your name in file title. Example: Jane-Doe_HopeArt.jpg.
- Please make sure your uploaded images are of the highest resolution possible if you’re submitting a photo.
- Submissions that contain foul language or inappropriate images will be discarded.
- Montgomery Parks retains the right to reject any submission.