Looking for a way to get out of the house one last time before hunkering down for the winter? Join us on Saturday, November 21st at Black Hill Regional Park for the first Montgomery Parks Gobbler Fun Run/Walk! Register with your family and friends, and be ready to strut your stuffing along the approximately 3-mile loop. This event is completely free: sign up for a specific start time and arrive at any time during your interval. You choose your start time and whether to record your race time. Time slots are limited to help keep physical distance along the looped trail. Please check-in at the table by the restrooms of the Black Hill Boats parking lot.
This event is presented in partnership with Shepherd’s Table. We will be accepting donations of canned goods to be used to feed our neighbors in need this holiday season. Please donate what you can.
Registration is required, and guests must register for a specific starting time slot. The time slots available are:
You may show up and begin the course anytime within your 15-minute time slot. Start times are staggered to allow for physical distancing and to avoid overcrowding on the route, so please only arrive during your start time window.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by or in sight of their parent/guardian at all times.
- Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to register by themselves.
- Look for signage and arrows along the trail to direct you – all turns and course changes will be clearly marked.
- Registration is required in advance of the race.
- Participants will sign up for a start-time window to allow for physical distancing.
- You may record your time on your own device. Parks will not provide any equipment for timing purposes.
- Follow all mile markers and signs on the trail marking the official route.
- If you choose to record your score, please report it at the check-in desk along with your name.
- Face coverings are required for the entirety of the event.
- All park rules and regulations are in place for this event.
- Only 25 guests are able to register for each start time. Please plan accordingly.