Warm weather is here, and that means more time spent outdoors enjoying Montgomery Parks. Take a break from your work week this May or June and bring your happy hour to a Craft & Sip event for some creative fun with your friends!
Come craft with Montgomery Parks in May or June for an evening of creative fun! Attend an outdoor Craft & Sip event at one of our Picnic in the Park locations. Get artsy with your friends in a safe, outdoor environment while supporting local restaurants. Use the Picnic in the Park tool to search for nearby restaurants where you can pick up happy hour snacks and drinks on your way to the park!
Registering is easy! Simply make one online reservation for yourself and up to three friends. The cost breakdown is only $11.25 per person! The $45.00 program fee includes all craft materials, instructions, and access to an onsite instructor, who helps guide you and your group to craft your beautiful project.
Craft & Sip events are on weekday evenings from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. There will be two different craft projects offered in this series. Read below for project descriptions and the corresponding dates and locations.
Each registration is valid for one craft table and up to four people. Only one person from your party needs to register for your group. All participants must be at least 21 years of age. Parks Staff will be checking IDs at event check-in. See below for registration details.
Pre-registration is required for the event and there are limited spots available for each date. Sign up now!
- Stemless Wine Glasses | Thursday, May 27, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm | Acorn Urban Park
- Summer Greeting Cards | Tuesday, June 8, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm | Jesup Blair Park
- Stemless Wine Glasses | Thursday, June 17, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm | Wheaton Regional Park
- Summer Greeting Cards | Wednesday, June 30, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm | Germantown Town Center Urban Park
Stemless Wine Glasses
Design a set of stemless wine glasses that will surely capture the eye of your dinner party guests!
Participants will each receive four stemless wine glasses and a set of vinyl sheets in a variety of colors. Using fine tip markers and scissors, each person will draw and cut their desired designs and shapes from the vinyl sheets then place the decorative vinyl on their stemless wine glasses. To help Craft & Sip goers create ideas for their designs, each table will be provided with a set of examples. The newly decorated glasses can be handwashed but cannot be put in the dishwasher.
Summer Greeting Cards
Design your own set of summer greeting cards that all your friends and family will want to see in their mailbox!
Participants will each receive four blank greeting cards and matching envelopes, along with sheets of dried flowers, gold leaf foil, calligraphy practice sheets, and brush pens. Each person will cut the pressed flowers of their choice and gold leaf foil, create designs, and secure the pieces using a sponge brush and decoupage medium. After the decorative elements are secured, participants can use the calligraphy sheets to practice their lettering and then use the brush pens to personalize their set of cards! To help Craft & Sip goers create ideas for their designs, each table will be provided with a set of examples.
- Make your reservation by going to ActiveMONTGOMERY.
- Log-in or create an account if you do not have one.
- Search the event by name “Montgomery Parks Craft & Sips” or use the activity code 122579.
- Select your preferred Craft & Sip event date and location and click “Add to Cart”.
EVENT GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
- Participants are required to wear a mask when not seated at their reserved table.
- Social distancing is required when possible.
- Participants must be 21+ years of age. ID’s will be checked upon arrival prior to entering the event space.
- Parks will NOT be serving food and drink at the event, due to County restrictions, so use our Picnic in the Park tool to search for local restaurants that offer carry-out for pick-up on your way to the park!
- Alcohol is allowed in the event space per Picnic in the Park guidelines. Bring your favorite cocktail or bottle of wine and some snacks to take your happy hour outdoors.
- We do expect the evenings to be sunny and warm so remember to wear sunscreen and bring water!