Brookside Gardens Library is one of the sites for the Montgomery County Master Gardener Plant Clinics, which are held at several sites in the county on a weekly basis and at special events such as garden festivals and the county fair.
At Brookside Gardens, plant clinic hours are:
|Wednesday||1 p.m. – 4 p.m.||April 5 – September 27|
|Saturday||10 a.m – 1 p.m.||February 18 – November 18|
|Sunday||1 p.m. to 4 p.m.||February 19 – November 19|
If there are inclement weather conditions during plant clinic hours, please call the Brookside Gardens Information Desk, at 301-962-1400 (press 5), to verify that the Master Gardeners will be holding plant clinics.
Become a Better Gardener
Bring your gardening questions, plant materials or mystery insect to one of the Montgomery County Plant Clinics staffed by Montgomery County Master Gardeners. We have had training in soil and plant science, tree and shrub identification, integrated pest management, pesticide safety, plant diseases and insect pests.
What can we do for you?
Master Gardeners will help you to:
- Select the right plants and trees for your site.
- Decide when and how to test your soil.
- Feed your turf without feeding the Chesapeake Bay.
- Identify weeds, insects and disease.
- Avoid blanket use of herbicides and pesticides.
- Identify and avoid killing beneficial insects.
- Learn how and when to prune your trees and shrubs.
- Chose the right mulch for your garden.
- Read seed catalogues: decode VFFFNT for tomatoes.
- Develop strategies to deal with deer.
Bring your plant samples and questions to one of these locations:
- BETHESDA: Davis Library, 6400 Democracy Boulevard, April–September, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. May close in June for renovations.
- BURTONSVILLE: Praisner Library, 14910 Old Columbia Pike, April–September, Saturday, 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- CHEVY CHASE: Audubon Naturalist Society, 8940 Jones Mill Road, April–September, Saturday, 10 a.m. – noon.
- DERWOOD EXTENSION OFFICE: 18410 Muncaster Road, lower level, Ballard Room: Drop off plant and insect samples, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday, year-round; Plant clinic & helpline (301-590-9650 or email@example.com): March–October, Tuesday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Demo Garden: April–October, Tuesday, 8 a.m. – noon, weather permitting.
- GAITHERSBURG: Gaithersburg Library, 18330 Montgomery Village Avenue, April–September, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- GERMANTOWN: Germantown Library, 19840 Century Boulevard, May–September, Wednesday, 6:15 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- KENSINGTON: Farmers Market, Train Station at Howard Avenue, April–October, 2nd Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- KENTLANDS: Kentlands Farmers Market, 301 Main Street, May–October, 1st Saturday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- OLNEY: Farmers Market, Rte. 108 & Prince Philip Drive, May–November, Sunday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- QUINCE ORCHARD: Quince Orchard Library, 15831 Quince Orchard Road, May–October, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- ROCKVILLE: Central Farm Market, 11806 Rockville Pike, April–October, 3rd Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- SILVER SPRING: Silver Spring Library, 900 Wayne Avenue, March–October, Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- TWINBROOK: Twinbrook Library, 202 Meadow Hall Drive, April–September, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.