***UPDATE | Tonight’s Paint with Your Pup (8/14/21) at Cabin John Regional Park will be postponed to tomorrow evening, Sunday 8/15/21.***
Back by popular demand!
Montgomery Parks brings you and your furry friend two more Paint with Your Pup events. Register today!
Join Montgomery Parks this August for two more Paint with Your Pup events! Spend time with your pup and channel their inner artist, as they assist you with your painting project. Dogs and owners will work together on a painting project. Each dog owner will be given a small canvas, paint, brushes, a gallon-size plastic bag, as well as sunflower butter for your pup.
Spots are limited and advanced registration is required. See below for session times, dates, and locations. Don’t wait to sign-up for Montgomery Parks Paint with Your Pup!
- Saturday, August 14 at 6:30 PM | Cabin John Regional Park
- Saturday, August 14 at 7:30 PM | Cabin John Regional Park
- Saturday, August 21 at 6:30 PM | Dewey Local Park
- Saturday, August 21 at 7:30 PM | Dewey Local Park
There will be two 45-minute sessions for each event date with the first starting at 6:30 pm and the last beginning at 7:30 pm. Sign-up for one of the sessions on ActiveMONTGOMERY for just $8.00! Your registration will be good for one dog and one dog handler and includes supplies for one painting project. You may also bring up to two other friends or family members to accompany you and your dog to the event! Registration must be done under the dog handler’s name.
Creating the artwork is easy! You will scoop your paint colors of choice onto the canvas and spread the sunflower butter over the outside of the plastic bag. Next, slide the canvas with paint into the bag and zip it closed. Then, place the bag on the ground so your furry friend can lick the sunflower butter which spreads the paint over the canvas. Once the pup is finished with their treat, take the canvas out of the bag and admire your pet’s work of art! You can repeat the process, make touch-ups to the piece, and sign your names to give it a professional artistic finish.
This process does not harm your pet. Dogs will not be in contact with paint but will be encouraged to eat the sunflower butter as part of the artistic process. Sunflower butter is a peanut-free butter that can be shared with dogs. Owners will be given about one ounce of sunflower butter to complete the project.
For this event, Montgomery Parks is partnering with Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center to help with much-needed donations for their furry friends at the shelter and in foster care. The organization will have a table at the event to collect all kinds of pet-related item donations from generous Paint with Your Pup participants.
The Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center (MCASAC), operated by the Office of Animal Services, provides high-standard sheltering and care to the homeless, abused, and neglected animals in our community and ensures the safety and welfare of the county’s citizens. They are the county’s only open-admission, municipal shelter. Through adoptions, education, outreach, and more, MCASAC serves as a critical community resource to promote and advocate for responsible pet care. Animal Services Officers are on-call seven days a week to investigate citizen complaints and respond to animal emergencies 24 hours a day. For more information, please visit www.montgomerycountymd.gov/animalservices.
- Go to ActiveMONTGOMERY to register for the event.
- Log in or create an account if you do not have one.
- Search “Paint with Your Pup” to view the available time slots.
- Select your desired time slot by clicking add to cart then check out!
- No more than one dog per handler. A dog handler must be at least 16 years of age.
- If you would like to bring more than one dog to the event, please have someone else from your household register for the session and accompany the dog as a handler.
- All dogs are required to be on a leash, while on Montgomery Parks’ property, except while in a dog park.
- Dog handlers must be holding the leash for the entirety of the event.
- Dog handlers must be in control of, and in visual contact with, their dogs at all times.
- Dog handlers must immediately remove and dispose of their dog’s feces and repair any holes created by their dogs.
- No aggressive dog behavior. If your dog is observed showing aggressive behavior towards other dogs and/or owners at the event, you may be asked to leave the event.
- No female dogs in heat.
- Dog owners are liable for injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- Dogs must display current license and rabies vaccination tags.