Montgomery Parks amenities are open in accordance with Montgomery County’s COVID-19 Orders.
Effective Saturday, August 7, 2021, face coverings are required inside all of our facilities.
For details on the updated county mandate, visit mocoparks.org/FaceCoverings
Face coverings are recommended for:
- outdoors when the unvaccinated person is in large group settings (physical distancing also should be maintained); and
- during outdoor sports that require close contact, with some exceptions.
Our parks and trails are open sunrise to sunset.
- Parks, trails, fields, and sections of several parkways are open for exercise including walking, hiking, and biking from sunrise to sunset.
- Brookside Gardens, grounds are open sunrise-sunset.
- Montgomery Parks’ Permit Office (301-495-2525 or ParkPermits.org) is currently offering reservations, rentals, and permits for:
The following Montgomery Parks facilities are open:
Outdoor campfire ring rentals are available in several locations; please visit MontgomeryParks.org/campfire-ring-rentals for more information.
Portions of our parkways are closed to vehicular traffic and open to pedestrians and bicyclists for specific hours listed below. The open parkways include:
- Sligo Creek Parkway, Friday mornings at 9 am through Sunday at 6 pm:
- Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles)
- Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles)
- Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.7 miles) on Friday mornings at 9 am through Sunday at 6 pm
- Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile), Saturdays at 7 am through Sundays at 6 pm
Our Customer Service office hours are Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm. As a reminder, the contact info is 301-495-2595 & Info@MontgomeryParks.org. Park patrons with questions can email the Public Information Customer Service office at email@example.com or submit your question/concern online at www.MontgomeryParks.org/Customer.