Updated December 29: Many Montgomery Parks amenities are open in accordance with Montgomery County’s Executive Order 139-20, COVID-19 Local Order.
Be Smart. Do Your Part.
Our parks and trails are open sunrise to sunset. The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission urges our residents and visitors to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Persons leaving their residences shall wear a face covering when they are likely to come into contact with another person, such as being within six feet of another person for more than a fleeting time;
Clean your hands before and after use of park amenities. Park visitors are encouraged to bring their own wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Parks, trails, fields, and sections of several parkways are open for exercise including walking, hiking, and biking from sunrise to sunset.
- Portions of Sligo Creek Parkway and Beach Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic and open to pedestrians and bicyclists Friday mornings at 9 am through Sunday at 4 pm for the Montgomery Parks’ Open Roadways Initiative. Hours: sunrise to sunset. The open parkways includes:
- Sligo Creek Parkway:
- University Bvld. to Forest Glen Rd.
- Piney Branch Rd. to Old Carroll Ave.
- Beach Drive:
- Connecticut Ave. to Knowles Ave
- Sligo Creek Parkway:
- Outdoor tennis courts and South Germantown Driving Range are currently open on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In-line skate parks at Dewey Local Park and Ridge Road Recreational Park are open and may be reserved by permit, contact Permits Office 301-495-2525
- Dog parks are open but usage must be limited to less than 25 people at a time.
- Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena are open for individual scheduled athletic training (no public skating sessions).
- Indoor Tennis Centers at Wheaton Regional Park and Cabin John Regional Park are open for scheduled lessons.
- Picnic Shelters are available on a first come, first served basis for gatherings of 25 or less. Reservations are available from April 1 through October 31 for Regional and Recreational Park picnic shelters by purchasing a permit beginning January 1. For more information visit the Picnic Shelters webpage or contact Permits Office 301-495-2525.
- Outdoor campfire ring rentals are available several locations; please visit MontgomeryParks.org/campfire-ring-rentals for more information.
Our Customer Service office hours are Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm. As a reminder, the contact info is 301-495-2595 & Info@MontgomeryParks.org. Park patrons with questions can email the Public Information Customer Service office at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your question/concern online at www.MontgomeryParks.org/Customer.