Montgomery Parks amenities are open in accordance with Montgomery County’s COVID-19 Orders.
Face coverings are recommended for:
- unvaccinated people interacting with others in public spaces.
- children and staff in schools, childcare programs and camps, including school settings and childcare settings. The updated American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines recommend wearing face coverings:
- indoors when the unvaccinated person will be with those from outside their household (physical distancing also should be maintained);
- outdoors when the unvaccinated person is in large group settings (physical distancing also should be maintained); and
- during indoor and outdoor sports that require close contact, with some exceptions.
Our parks and trails are open sunrise to sunset.
- Parks, trails, fields, and sections of several parkways are open for exercise including walking, hiking, and biking from sunrise to sunset.
- Brookside Gardens, grounds are open sunrise-sunset, Visitor Center and Gift Shop are open daily 10 am to 4 pm, Conservatory is open daily 10 am to 2pm
- Brookside Nature Center is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 5 pm.
- Locust Grove Nature Center is open with a Naturalist on Duty, restroom access, and outdoor programs Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 6 pm. The Program Room and indoor exhibits will remain closed until fall. The Nature Exploration Area will open as a new outdoor exhibit this summer.
- Montgomery Parks’ Permit Office (301-495-2525 or ParkPermits.org) is currently offering reservations, rentals, and permits for:
The following Montgomery Parks facilities have increased visitor capacity from 25% to 50%:
- Ice arenas and tennis centers
- Concessions will now be available for purchase at ice centers and must be consumed while seated in a socially distant manner.
- Event centers and Brookside Gardens Visitors Center
- Food and drink will be permitted at event centers to be consumed while seated in a socially distant manner.
- The miniature trains at Cabin John Regional Park and Wheaton Regional Park and the Ovid Hazen Wells Carousel at Wheaton Regional Park (Open Friday-Sunday)
- The Josiah Henson Museum and Park
Outdoor campfire ring rentals are available in several locations; please visit MontgomeryParks.org/campfire-ring-rentals for more information.
Portions of our parkways are closed to vehicular traffic and open to pedestrians and bicyclists for specific hours listed below. The open parkways includes:
- Sligo Creek Parkway, Friday mornings at 9 am through Sunday at 4 pm:
- Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles)
- Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles)
- Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.7 miles) on Friday mornings at 9 am through Sunday at 4 pm
- Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile), Saturdays at 7 am through Sundays at 6 pm
Our Customer Service office hours are Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm. As a reminder, the contact info is 301-495-2595 & Info@MontgomeryParks.org. Park patrons with questions can email the Public Information Customer Service office at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your question/concern online at www.MontgomeryParks.org/Customer.