Updated April 1: Montgomery Parks amenities are open in accordance with Montgomery County’s COVID-19 Orders.
Be Smart. Do Your Part.
Our parks and trails are open sunrise to sunset. The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission urges our residents and visitors to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Persons leaving their residences shall wear a face covering when they are likely to come into contact with another person, such as being within six feet of another person for more than a fleeting time;
Clean your hands before and after use of park amenities. Park visitors are encouraged to bring their own wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Parks, trails, fields, and sections of several parkways are open for exercise including walking, hiking, and biking from sunrise to sunset.
- Portions of Little Falls Parkway (Saturdays at 7 a.m. through Sundays at 6 p.m), Sligo Creek Parkway and Beach Drive (Friday mornings at 9 am through Sunday at 4 pm) will be closed to vehicular traffic and open to pedestrians and bicyclists for the Montgomery Parks’ Open Roadways Initiative. Hours: sunrise to sunset. The open parkways includes:
- Sligo Creek Parkway:
- Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road (1.1 miles)
- Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West (1.5 miles)
- Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue (2.7 miles)
- Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road (1 mile)
- Sligo Creek Parkway:
- Cabin John Miniature Train and Wheaton Train & Carousel will open on Friday, April 9.
- Outdoor tennis courts and South Germantown Driving Range are currently open on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Outdoor basketball courts are available for use with the goal that all basketball rims will be reinstalled by Thursday, April 8.
- In-line skate parks at Dewey Local Park and Ridge Road Recreational Park are open and may be reserved by permit, contact Permits Office 301-495-2525
- Dog parks are open but usage must be limited to less than 50 people at a time.
- Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena are open.
- Indoor Tennis Centers at Wheaton Regional Park and Cabin John Regional Park are open for scheduled lessons and games. Court time can be booked.
- Picnic Shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis for gatherings of 50 or less. Reservations are available from April 1 through October 31 for Regional and Recreational Park picnic shelters by purchasing a permit beginning January 1. For more information visit the Picnic Shelters webpage or contact Permits Office 301-495-2525.
- Outdoor campfire ring rentals are available in several locations; please visit MontgomeryParks.org/campfire-ring-rentals for more information.
Our Customer Service office hours are Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm. As a reminder, the contact info is 301-495-2595 & Info@MontgomeryParks.org. Park patrons with questions can email the Public Information Customer Service office at email@example.com or submit your question/concern online at www.MontgomeryParks.org/Customer.