Need a contact? We employ a wide range of professionals with expertise in parks-related topics ranging from natural resources to archaeology to equine resources and more.
Department of Parks
- Melissa Chotiner, Media Relations Manager
Melissa is the Montgomery Parks spokesperson.
- Loree Blue, Marketing and Public Affairs Manager
Loree can coordinate media requests regarding our Nature Centers, Gardens, Event Centers, Public/Private Partnerships, Volunteers, and Park Permits.
- Jordan Gray, Assistant Marketing and Public Affairs Manager
Jordan Gray can coordinate media requests regarding our sporting facilities, campground, and historic sites.
Parks can provide subject matter experts on topics including;
- Archaeology, topics include archaeology programs and archaeological projects in the parks.
- Historic/Cultural Resources Contact, topics include historic sites and cultural resources including Oakley Cabin, Underground Railroad Experience Trail at Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park, Kingsley Schoolhouse, Josiah Henson Park and the Bussard Farmhouse at the Agricultural History Farm Park.
- Natural Resources, topics include wildlife, deer management program, health and water quality of park streams, ponds, and lakes.
- Parks Volunteers, topics include volunteer opportunities in the parks and the thousands of hours and invaluable contributions park volunteers make annually toward the upkeep of our parks.
- Partnerships, topics include department’s partnerships policies and projects and speak to the Department’s equestrian facilities – Callithea Farm Park, Meadowbrook Riding Stables, Potomac Horse Center, Rickman Farm Horse Park, Wheaton Regional Park Riding Stables and Woodstock Equestrian Park – and the management of these park facilities.