Rules & Regulations
All Permit Holders must follow M-NCPPC rules and regulations, contract rules and regulations, as well as the specific Guidelines and Conditions of Use as stated on the facility permit.
Please Note: Weather Cancellations for Park Activity Buildings
In the event of inclement weather, park activity buildings will follow closings issued by Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS). Closings will be posted on www.ParkPermits.org and recorded on the Park Permits phone line, 301-495-2525. In the event of a closure due to inclement weather, please contact the Permit Office at 301-495-2525 to obtain a refund or to reschedule your event.
- The Permit entitles the permitholder to exclusive use of the facility reserved, only for the dates and times indicated on the Permit (no additional setup/cleanup time is allowed).
- All trash MUST be taken with the permitholder for proper disposal/recycling.
- The number of persons in the permitted group may not exceed the maximum group size stated on the Permit.
- The permitholder must have the Permit on-site during the permitted activity. The Permit must be shown to Park personnel upon request.
- The reserved facility is subject to inspection at any time by any authorized M-NCPPC representative to assure compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- The permitholder is not allowed to collect admission fees, or to sell, or offer for sale, any merchandise, article or thing whatsoever, including food and beverages, without a permit specifically authorizing such activity.
- The permitholder is not allowed to practice, carry on, conduct or solicit for any trade occupation, business or profession, or to exchange monies or tickets in connection with the permitted activity, without a permit specifically authorizing such activity.
- The presence or consumption of beer or other alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited on Park property, except for designated, exclusive-use Group Picnic Areas.
- The use of tobacco products within Commission facilities and on or around athletic fields is prohibited.
- The permitholder is responsible for maintaining orderly conduct among all persons attending the permitted activity.
- Vehicle parking is allowed in designated parking areas only.
- The posting of directional signs or balloons on Park property is allowed for the duration of the permitted activity only.
- The permitholder is responsible for removing all signs and leaving the facility in clean, orderly condition. The permitholder assumes personal liability for the cost of excessive cleanup, loss, breakage or removal of Park property resulting from the permitted activity. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of the entire security deposit and, if necessary, the permitholder will be billed for any additional cost for repairs or replacement of damaged items or cleanup required.
- Live bands, loud or offensive music, or any excessive noise which disturbs the peace is prohibited in any Park area.
- M-NCPPC reserves the right to cancel any Permit with as much notice as is practicable. Cancellation by the permitholder will be subject to applicable fees/fines.
- M-NCPPC is absolved of all responsibility and liability for any damage, injury or loss sustained by persons or property as a result of the permitholder's negligence or that of any member of permitholder's group.
- Only sports, games or play equipment that is authorized by M-NCPPC is allowed at the site. Dunking booths, pony rides, and other amusements involving animals are specifically prohibited.
- A key is necessary to access some park facilities and a key deposit is required. Keys must be picked up from and returned to, the same Park Permit Office IN PERSON on the second or third work day (and no earlier) following use of the park facility. Failure to return the key on time will result in forfeiture of the entire key deposit amount.
- Violation of any rule or condition of the Permit is cause for immediate revocation of the Permit, loss of permit privileges, and forfeitures of any fees/deposits paid for the Permit. Any person violating the provisions of M-NCPPC regulations may be issued a civil citation and, if convicted, be punished by a fine not to exceed $50.00 for the first offense. See Article 28, Section 5-113(b)(3).
- Buses are prohibited on Park Property on weekends except by special permit.
- The permitholder must be at least 21 years of age and must be present during the period stated on the Permit.
- At least two-thirds of the group attending a function held in an M-NCPPC Park Facility must be residents of Montgomery or Prince George's County, Maryland. 23. Catering is permitted only at the exclusive-use Group Picnic Areas, the recreation centers, and the large picnic shelters at Black Hill Regional Park (Shelters A, B, C, I, J). Otherwise, catering is not permitted at the regional parks (Wheaton, Cabin John, Rock Creek, and the small shelters at Black Hill).
In the event of an emergency or any occurrence/problem that interferes with the permitholder's access to or use of the permitted park facility, contact Park Police at 301-949-3010.