Glenmont Park Activity Building
Glenmont Local Park
Wheaton's Glenmont Park Activity Building is a convenient, unique and affordable location for your next party, bridal shower, graduation party, meeting or event!
Located in Glenmont Local Park, the building features a kitchen and near a playground and a permitted ballfield.
- Accessible Building
- Shared Parking (18 spaces, 1 accessible space)
- Kitchen (Refrigerator & Warming Oven)
- Please note that this facility is not air-conditioned.
- Permitted ballfield (Contact CUPF to reserve the ballfield at 240-777-2716 or 240-777-2708)
180 Max (Standing room only)
Daily year round, 4-hour minimum time-blocks
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.,
- 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
NOTE: If you would like to extend your event until 11 p.m., please contact the Park Permit office at 301-495-2525 for assistance.
Setup/Cleanup must occur within the 4-hour rental (extra time is not provided).
To tour this Park Activity Building before renting, stop by the Park Permits Office between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to pick up a key to the building you are interesting in viewing (key deposit required).
Rental Fee Includes
- Buildings are rented in 4-hour minimum time-blocks
- Tables and chairs are included in the rental fee (approximately 4 tables and 50 chairs are provided.)
- Renter is responsible for setting up and cleaning areas and kitchen if used.
- PLEASE NOTE: Park amenities are available at this location. Please be aware that some amenities are fee-based and some are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the case of permitted fields or courts, customers with the appropriate permit have priority.
- See the rate sheet for cancellation, change and other administrative fees.
Weekdays $20/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekends $40/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekdays $24/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekends $48/hour (4 hour minimum)
- Public Agencies and Municipalities
Weekdays $10/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekends $20/hour (4 hour minimum)
NOTE: You will not be able to complete your reservation unless you have a ParkPASS account number. If you don't have one yet, please go to www.ParkPASS.org and sign up today. These accounts are FREE, easy to set up, and will make your future bookings quick and convenient. Plus, as a ParkPASS holder, you'll be able to book park facilities and register for classes and programs online 24/7 from the comfort of your home or office!
Reservations are accepted up to six months in advance for weekend rentals (Fridays after 6 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) and up to three months in advance for weekday rentals:
Permit Office: 301-495-2525
9500 Brunett Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20901
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
All Permit Holders must follow M-NCPPC rules and regulations, contract rules and regulations, as well as the specific Guidelines and Conditions of Use as stated on the facility permit. Also, visit with our knowledgeable Permits staff on how to best accommodate and plan your event.