Little Bennett Campground
Little Bennett Campground is Montgomery County’s only campground. For County residents, it offers the prefect get-away close to home. For long distance travelers, it offers electric hook-ups on spacious wooded sites. Whether you’re a first-time camper or a veteran camper Little Bennett Campground will provide you with immaculate facilities in the heart of the woods.
Enjoy miles of hiking, biking and equestrian trails throughout 3,700 acres of forests and meadows. With more than 30 miles of trails to explore, 91 wooded campsites from which to choose, 3 new yurts, and a variety of weekend activities available for all age groups and interests, Little Bennett Campground is a perfect weekend get-away or vacation spot.
- Here’s an excellent Trail Map of the park of the park.
- Watch a video about Little Bennett Campground on Montgomery Parks’ YouTube channel here.
- This Weekend’s Little Bennett Campground Activity Flyer
Each of Little Bennett’s 91 campsites offers a tranquil setting with ample opportunities to enjoy the scenic splendor of the park. Campsite amenities include a two-vehicle gravel parking area, picnic table, campfire ring, and lantern post. Each of the 66 tent sites have a tent pad. Sixteen campsites are available with 30 amp/20 amp electrical hookups, and nine campsites are available with 50 amp/20 amp electrical hook-ups.
Comfort stations with sinks, showers, toilet facilities and drinking fountains are located within walking distance of each site. Water spigots are randomly located throughout each camping loop. The central dump station is situated adjacent to the Contact Station. The laundry room, with coin-operated washers and dryers, is located behind the activity center.
Season and Hours (Apr – Oct)
Camping for Little Bennett Campground for the 2016 camping season is April 1 – October 30, with a maximum stay of 14 days. A minimum two-day reservation is required on holiday weekends (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Check-In Time: Noon
Check-Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
For more information, please call us at 301-528-3430 or book online via ActiveMontgomery.org.
Off-Season Use (Nov – Mar)
Little Bennett Campground is closed for full-time camping during the winter months (December through February). Camping is available in March and November on weekends only. Parking for hikers is available at Hawk’s Reach Activity Center Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m., and is controlled by a locked gate. Please see the “Contact Station” hours below, and plan your visit accordingly.
Advanced reservations are recommended. You may make your reservations online at ActiveMontgomery.org, call us, or visit us in person. Reservations will be accepted after January 1 for any dates during that year’s camping season. Please call the Contact Station for camping fees and more specific information: 301-528-3430.
Little Bennett Campground Reservations Cancellation Policy (Effective March 30, 2016)
- Cancellations made up to 14 days in advance of the reservation start date will be given a full refund.
- Cancellations made between 1 and 13 days in advance of the reservation start date will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations or early departures requested on or after the scheduled date of arrival.
- Check In Time: 12:00 pm; Check Out Time: 11:00 am.
- Picnic tables are not to be moved.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited
- Campers, and camping equipment consisting of any combination of tents and RV’s, are limited to a 14-day stay.
- Campers may not move to a new site without prior approval by campground staff
- Tents must be set up within thirty feet of the parking pad
- No more than two tents or one RV and one tent may be placed on one campsite
- No more than six individuals may occupy one campsite (including visitors)
- Only registered campers or visitors may use common park facilities or outdoor areas
- Children must be under adult supervision
- Campground visitors must register and pay at the Contact Station and must be visiting registered campers
- Motor vehicles and/or camping vehicles must be parked on the parking pad of the assigned site.
- No more than two vehicles may be parked at any campsite
- Campsites must be kept clean at all times.
- Trash and refuse must be placed in dumpsters
- Fires are permitted only in the grill or fire ring provided. Firewood must fit inside of the fire ring. Fires must not be left unattended
- Cutting any standing tree is considered destruction of property and subject to criminal penalty
- It is unlawful to cut, injure or mutilate any plant, tree or shrub, or damage any structure, picnic table, property or equipment that is on park property.
- The use of chain saws for any reason is prohibited
- It is unlawful to catch, injure, destroy or interfere in any way with any wildlife
- Nails, knives, or other sharp devices may not be driven into any structure
- It is unlawful to possess or discharge any firearm, bow and arrow, sling shot, airgun or fireworks
- Quiet must be maintained between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Pets are permitted if kept on a leash not exceeding 6 feet in length. Pets must not be left unattended and waste must be cleaned up
- Washing vehicles, dishes, pots and pans at water outlets is prohibited. Hoses may not be permanently attached to any water outlet
- Permits will be revoked without refund if campers do not obey these rules and regulations and Department of Park and Planning regulations governing all park areas.
- Camping fees are non-refundable.