Kemp Mill Estates Local Park
This park features a playground, a softball field, a multi-use field, and two tennis courts. The Kemp Mill Recreation Building is also available to rent. The park seems much larger than its 12 acres because it partially borders the 1,200-acre Northwest Branch Stream Valley Park. M-NCPPC acquired Kemp Mill Estates Local Park in 1962.
The Kemp Mill Park Activity Building provides a convenient, unique and affordable location for your next party, bridal shower, graduation party, meeting or event! Located in Wheaton’s Kemp Mill Estates Local Park, the building features a kitchen and nearby playground, permitted field, tennis courts and basketball court.
- Shared Parking (18 spaces, 2 accessible spaces)
- Kitchen (Refrigerator & Warming Oven)
- Basketball court (Contact Park Permits Office to reserve)
- Tennis Court (Contact Park Permits Office to reserve)
- Permitted ballfield (Contact CUPF to reserve the ballfield at 240-777-2716 or 240-777-2708)
75 Max (Standing room only)
Daily year round, 4-hour minimum time-blocks
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.,
- 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- NOTE: If you would like to extend your event until 11 p.m., please contact the Park Permit office at 301-495-2525 for assistance.
Setup/Cleanup must occur within the 4-hour rental (extra time is not provided).
To tour this Park Activity Building before renting, stop by the Park Permits Office between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to pick up a key to the building you are interesting in viewing (key deposit required).
Rental Fee Includes
- Buildings are rented in 4-hour minimum time-blocks
- Tables and chairs are included in the rental fee (approximately 4 tables and 50 chairs are provided.)
- Renter is responsible for setting up and cleaning areas and kitchen if used.
- PLEASE NOTE: Park amenities are available at this location. Please be aware that some amenities are fee-based and some are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the case of permitted fields or courts, customers with the appropriate permit have priority.
- See the rate sheet for cancellation, change and other administrative fees.
Weekdays $30/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekends $50/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekdays $40/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekends $60/hour (4 hour minimum)
- Public Agencies and Municipalities
Weekdays $17/hour (4 hour minimum)
Weekends $32/hour (4 hour minimum)
NEW! Reserve facilities and register for classes offered by Montgomery Parks & Montgomery County Recreation through www.ActiveMONTGOMERY.org.
Beginning immediately, you can, register for classes, check facility availability and reserve availability facilities offered by Montgomery Parks and Montgomery County Recreation using ONE convenient system. Visit www.ActiveMONTGOMERY.org to learn more.
Reservations are accepted up to six months in advance for weekend rentals (Fridays after 6 p.m., Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) and up to three months in advance for weekday rentals:
Permit Office: 301-495-2525
9500 Brunett Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20901
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
All Permit Holders must follow M-NCPPC rules and regulations, contract rules and regulations, as well as the specific Guidelines and Conditions of Use as stated on the facility permit. Also, visit with our knowledgeable Permits staff on how to best accommodate and plan your event.