The Wheaton Sports Pavilion is a completely renovated, first-rate place to play soccer, lacrosse and futsal. The field is covered and lighted, and the synthetic turf is manufactured with Nike Grind®, so it can be used for games when the weather would stop an outdoor game.
- COVERED, lighted 200 ft. X 85 ft. field
- State-of-the art synthetic turf made with Nike Grind®
- Futsal, lacrosse, and soccer lines sewn in
- Open year-round
- Goals provided
- Four team rooms available
- Referee room and First Aid room
- Scoreboard, bleachers, team benches and dasher boards
- Sound system and Wi-Fi
- $125/hour for county residents*
- $150/hour non-county residents*
- $75/hour for half-field (county or non-county residents)*
*In order to qualify for county resident rates, two-thirds or more of the players within the organizations or on the team must reside in Montgomery or Prince George’s County. Rosters with names and addresses must be furnished upon request.
Refunds and Cancellations
- Refunds will be provided only when field use is cancelled by facility staff.
- Any cancellations must be submitted in writing one month prior to the contracted time.
The origin of Futsal® (Five-a-Side Soccer) can be traced back to Montevideo, Uruguay, in 1930 when Juan Carlos Ceriani devised a five-a-side version of soccer for youth competition in YMCAs. The game is played on basketball-sized courts, both indoors and out without the use of sidewalls.
The game is frequently referred to as Five-A-Side or mini-soccer. While Brazil continues to be the Futsal hub of the world, the game is now played, under the auspices of FIFA, all over the world, from Europe to North and Central America and the Caribbean, South America, Africa, and Asia and Oceania.
Party at the Pavilion
Have a ball for your birthday or other special occasion at the Wheaton Sports Pavilion!
The Party Package includes the following for up to 12 guests:
- 1 hour’s use of the covered, lighted turf field (choose full or half-field)
- A party leader for an hour on the field, who’ll rev up your party with fun games and activities
- 1 hour’s use of the party room (tables and chairs set up for you)
- Add up to 8 additional guests for just $20 more (includes a second party leader for one hour)
- All-inclusive fees: $200 for the full field, $150 for the half-field
Want more field time?
Reserve an additional hour on the field at a discount: $100 for an additional hour for the whole field, or $60 more for an additional hour on the half-field.
For Questions about Reservations or Party’s call our message line at 301-905-3071 to book your party or Call our Active Montgomery Helpdesk at 301-495-2580 between 10am and 4pm or email us at WheatonSportsPavilion@montgomeryparks.org
- Field is for use by permit only.
- Groups must not enter the field until their designated rental time.
- Minors may not enter the field without adult supervision.
- Groups must start and end at scheduled, contracted times.
- Only players, coaches, and officials are permitted on the field.
- Equipment is not to be moved. This applies to all equipment in general and goals
- Paint or permanent markings on field, boards, or glass surfaces are prohibited.
- No alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances permitted.
- No pet, skateboards, skates, or bikes allowed in facility.
- No food or drink, with the exception of water, is permitted on the turf fields.