Search the Living Plant Collection Database
Brookside Gardens' living plant collection is comprised of trees, shrubs, perennials and bulbs that are intended for long- term display. Seasonal or annual plants are not included in our Living Plants Database. Search results will include plants located in Brookside and McCrillis Gardens.
- Enter one or more words from the scientific or common name (excluding authorities or cultivar indicators eg. cv).
- Entries can be either uppercase or lowercase.
- Either "*" or "]" can be used as wildcard characters at the end of any search values. For example, to search for all values starting with "Mag", enter mag* or mag].
Multiple search criteria should be separated by a "comma". For example, to lookup only Cornus florida, type Cornus florida only. To look up both Cornus florida and Camellia japonica, enter Cornus florida, camellia japonica.
Plant Locator Map (pdf, 445KB)*
- A printed 11x17 version of the plant locator map is available in the library. Please contact Brookside Gardens Library for more information or e-mail Ellen.Hartranft@montgomeryparks.org.
- This data is extracted from the on-line Living Collections database, BG-BASE, and made available on the Web using the HTML Export software developed at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.