Mission & Vision
Brookside Gardens is an extraordinary and inspiring cultivated landscape. Through beautifully designed gardens, diverse learning opportunities, and an engaging staff, we motivate our visitors to take action in their own lives and landscapes to appreciate and care for the plants around them.
Brookside Gardens, as a cultivated landscape and key element of Montgomery County Parks, envisions a community that respects the natural world, looks to nature for inspiration, and takes action to balance a healthy, beautiful environment with the needs of current and future generations.
Brookside Gardens is committed to a crucial set of core values as we strive to meet our mission:
• Quality and innovation in plants, displays and programming.
• Ethical practices that are socially, financially and environmentally responsible.
• Safety and accessibility for all visitors.
• Serenity and inspiration through this special place.
• Collaboration with our partners to meet mutual goals.
• Variety of offerings to welcome all of our visiting community.
*New mission statement, vision statement and core values adopted September 2010