Master Gardener Plant Clinics
Brookside Gardens Library is one of the sites for the Montgomery County Master Gardener Plant Clinics, which are held at several sites in the county on a weekly basis and at special events such as garden festivals and the county fair.
At Brookside Gardens, plant clinic hours are:
|Wednesday||1:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.||Seasonal (April-October)|
|Thursday||1:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.||Seasonal (April-October)|
|Saturday||10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.||Year-round|
|Sunday||1:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.||Year-round|
Please follow the links below for other plant clinic locations and hours.
If there are inclement weather conditions during plant clinic hours, please call the Brookside Gardens Information Desk, at 301-962-1400 (press 5), to verify that the Master Gardeners will be holding plant clinics.
Become a Better Gardener
Bring your gardening questions, plant materials or mystery insect to one of the Montgomery County Plant Clinics staffed by Montgomery County Master Gardeners. We have had training in soil and plant science, tree and shrub identification, integrated pest management, pesticide safety, plant diseases and insect pests.
What can we do for you?
Master Gardeners will help you to:
- Select the right plants and trees for your site.
- Decide when and how to test your soil.
- Feed your turf without feeding the Chesapeake Bay.
- Identify weeds, insects and disease.
- Avoid blanket use of herbicides and pesticides.
- Identify and not kill beneficial insects.
- Learn how and when to prune your trees and shrubs.
- Chose the right mulch for your garden.
- Read seed catalogues: decode VFFFNT for tomatoes.
- Think about deer before they think about you.
- Become an instant expert by searching the Web.
Bring your plant samples and questions to one of these locations:
- Bethesda: Davis Library, 6400 Democracy Blvd., April through September, Saturday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Derwood: Montgomery County Extension Office, 18410 Muncaster Rd., May through September, Thursday, Noon - 2 p.m.
- Gaithersburg: Quince Orchard Library, 15831 Quince Orchard Rd., May through September, Saturday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Germantown: Upcounty Regional Services Center, 12900 Middlebrook Rd., May through September, Wednesday, 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Wheaton: Brookside Gardens Library, 1800 Glenallan Ave., year round, Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sunday, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.