For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, the following are prohibited:
- Food, drink and picnicking
NOTE: Food and drink are not permitted in the Gardens. Picnic facilities are available nearby at the Shorefield Area of Wheaton Regional Park.
NOTE: Pets are not allowed in Brookside Gardens. Pets are allowed on leashes in other parts of Wheaton Regional Park. However, Chapter 1, section 2-A of Montgomery Parks Rules & Regulations, states that additional rules and regulations may apply at a specific facility or program. Therefore, pets are not allowed at Brookside Gardens. "Working" dogs are permitted and welcome. Maryland law states: A person may not leave a cat or dog unattended in a standing or parked motor vehicle in a manner that endangers the health or safety of the cat or dog. Park Regulations require that animals be leashed and under the control of the owner at all times; a dog in a car unattended is neither. Therefore leaving animals unattended in vehicles is prohibited.
- Frisbees, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller blades, balls, skates, skis, sleds, and other recreational and athletic equipment.
- Bare feet
- Audio devices (except headphones)
- Feeding or harassment of geese, fish, or wildlife
- Removing any plant material or wildlife
- Walking in flower beds
For information check the M-NCPPC Montgomery Parks Rules & Regulations.