Calendar of Events
a complete listing of our educational programs, plant
shows, and sales,
refer to the Xperience Guide to Programs and Events.
To view our educational programs in a calendar format, visit www.BrooksideLearning.org.
“Wings of Fancy” Live Butterfly & Caterpillar Exhibit Cancelled for 2014
Due to limited parking from ongoing construction to significantly improve our entrance and parking areas, Brookside Garden’s Wings of Fancy butterfly exhibit is cancelled for the 2014 season. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment, but invite you to visit our free summer Conservatory Display, open daily until Sunday, September 21 and to come back in 2015 when Wings of Fancy returns. Please note that Brookside Gardens and the Conservatory remain open during construction; please consider using these alternative parking areas during your visit.
Here is what you need to know to plan your visit:
- NOTICE: The Visitors Center parking lot is closed for major improvements from March 2014 - June 2015.
- The Conservatory parking lot offers 39 spaces, or use suggested alternate parking locations.
- The Gardens and Conservatories are open!
- There is NO 'Wings of Fancy' Live Butterfly Exhibit this season. The butterflies will return in 2015.
- For updates and more details, visit Montgomery Parks CIP Brookside Gardens Entry and Parking Renovation and Brookside Gardens Gateway page.
Conservatory Summer Display- Summer Colors
Saturday, April 26 – Sunday, September 21
FREE; Brookside Gardens Conservatory
Fall Plant Sale Sponsored by the Friends of Brookside Gardens
Saturday, September 13, 10:00am- 2:00pm
Brookside Gardens Hoop House (Follow signs to Fernmont Lane Service Hill)
Directions, plant lists and detailed plant information
Holiday Greens Sale
Sponsored by the Friends of Brookside Gardens
Saturday, December 6
Brookside Gardens Conservatory
We have made the difficult decision to cancel a number of larger events in 2014, including:
Earth Day Festival
St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
Wings of Fancy Live Butterfly and Caterpillar Exhibit
Native Plant Sale
Spring and Fall Lecture Series
Summer Twilight Concert Series
Many plant shows and sales
Pumpkin Panache Family Festival
Garden of Lights